[ale] Georgia electronic voting challenge!

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sat Aug 23 12:43:48 EDT 2003

On Saturday 23 August 2003 11:23, aaron wrote:

> As the brutal dictator Stalin observed, it is not the votes that count,
> it is who counts the vote. In 2000, Florida's Governor Jeb Bush and
> Secretary of State Kathleen Harris used the easy manipulation of computer
> data bases collected from Texas to fraudulently (and criminally) remove
> more than 60,000 legitimate Florida voters from state voter registration
> lists by falsely labeling and libeling them as convicts. All it took was

I know it will be extremely difficult to keep politics out of this
particular discussion, but this is an obvious case of taking an opportunity
to abuse the forum, however subtle. Please!!! Do not turn this into a D vs.
R discussion. This is an issue that concerns us all. Let's worry about the
technical foundation first, as that is somewhat appropriate for the list.
The discussion of the process can be taken elsewhere. I recommend the
Democratic Underground or Free Republic, depending on which way you lean.
Is there anywhere for moderates like me to go? I don't know, but I
certainly don't want to discuss the issue here.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security