[ale] hack challenge for electronic boting system

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sat Aug 23 11:44:09 EDT 2003

Does anyone know anything about this person and her team? Are they qualified
to take on a challenge like this? There's a lot riding on this. Name
recognition isn't everything, but I'd prefer that the folks who took on
this challenge were people someone has actually heard of. No disrespect
intended to those individuals, but I get the impression we've got a case of
the local softball team taking on a minor league baseball team. It's
possible that they could expose the flaws in the system, but the danger of
them simply validating the company's claims is very real, should they fail.
I'm cautiously optimistic, and I applaud the efforts of these concerned
citizens...but I can't shake the feeling that this could be a setup.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security