[ale] new laptop time ... need suggestions

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 22 18:54:07 EDT 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 10:15, Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, BruceG wrote:
> > From what I've read there are a couple people doing 802.11G on Linux with
> > some success. The drivers are being developed at the MadWiFi project.
> > Devices that are purported to work include Netgear WAG511, WAB511, D-Link
> > DWL-AG520, DWL-AG650, DWL-AB650, Linksys WPC55AG, WMP55AG, WPC51AB.
>
> Also, my understanding is those drivers contain a binary-only module....
>
> later,
> chris

Yep, and I can't even figure out how to do the simple make. Darn it! I picked
up a Linksys 802.11G PCI card and tested it in Windows. I'm only getting
2MBPS where my desktop is now. Need to move it and hopefully get a better
signal.

Next is to figure out how to edit my Makefile.inc and do a make. Oh well, I
figured I better actually try it before saying anything else about the
subject.