[ale] Gentoo on UltraSparc?

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Thu Aug 21 18:35:34 EDT 2003

It can be.  I have my sparcstation configured with xfce (lightweight and
nice) (and I will try blackbox and some other's later).KDE and Gnome are in
the ports if you are looking for the whole groovy GUI all in one desktop
thing.  I started with Linux and went to OpenBSD as Linux is a bit easier
intro to Unix, but even OpenBSD has come a long way - burning cd's, laptops,
etc ....  I think NetBSD and FreeBSD also have a sparc port, Suse has/will
have a port to the AMD Opteron if you need 64 bit processors. Of course, I
can always sell you (dirt cheap) my solaris 8 or 9 systems (with boxes and
manuals and cd's) if you want.

Greg