[ale] Not getting messages from the list.

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Thu Aug 21 14:21:48 EDT 2003

On Saturday 16 August 2003 07:24 pm, Chris Farris wrote:
> If its the weekend and you think there is a problem because you haven't
> gotten any email from the list consider this. Most people who post to
> the list are really bored at work. On the weekend these people aren't at
> work (and presumably not bored. They are not posting to the list, ergo
> you are not getting emails from the list.
>
> I've received many reports / questions about whether the list is up or
> down and every time its been the weekend, and each time there hasn't
> been a problem.

Seems reasonable. Except for the fact that
last weekend, for example, I received exactly 0
messages from Ale. Looking into the web archives,
I see a reasonable number of posts for those days.
Fewer than on a weekday, to be sure, but some > 0,
even for small values of some.

Of course, this might have been a result of the worm
going round.

Irv