[ale] Interesting Issue with IE Apache and SSL

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 20 09:50:38 EDT 2003

Robert Coggins wrote:

> The browser isn't really responding to non clicks.  It is more giving
> three very rapid clicks when I try to click on a link.  I then get
> the page not found error.  The only Javascript I am using is form
> verification.

Is the page not found error being generated by your website or IE?  If
it's being generated by the website, you should have a log of it in the
error_log file.

>> Do you see anything in the logs?  Certainly you must be getting an
>> error in the error log if they can't find a page?
>

> I do not see anything in the log unusual. Are there particular logs
> you suggest I look at?

If this is Apache (I've forgotten) different dists used to put them in
different places look for /var/log/httpd/error_log.  If the page not
found is generated by your webserver, there should be an error in this
file referencing it as such:

[Wed Aug 20 09:49:07 2003] [error] [client 172.16.255.253] File does not
exist:
/srv/www/htdocs/foofoofoo

I just tried to access http://myserver/foofoofoo on my box.  I know this
file doesn't exist, thus it created the above error message.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...