[ale] M$ runs Linux?

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 18 17:28:05 EDT 2003

Raju wrote:

> "Meanwhile Netcraft reports that on Friday Microsoft changed its DNS so
> that requests for www.microsoft.com no longer resolve to machines on
> MicrosoftÂ’s own network, but instead are handled by the Akamai caching
> system, which runs Linux"
>
> Hilarious....;-)
>
> --Raju

Well, Akamai runs Linux and has for awhile. But all they are doing is
rerouting traffic that was going to the URL windowsupdate.microsoft.com,
which was only a redirect. Think about it. Microsoft programs things
using their own architecture and that stuff doesn't run on Linux. There
was a debunk article I read earlier today explaining this urban legend.