[ale] sandboxing

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Mon Aug 18 14:50:43 EDT 2003

OK, I've been looking at User Mode Linux and messing around with it, to
give myslef virutal servers ...

Now I'm being told that we may be getting XServ's (Mac OS X), so I'm
trying to find out how to do the same kind of thing in BSD (specifically
OS X, based off freebsd)

I'm told that this is "sandboxing" in BSD-speak, and done via a
chroot-jail setup (which is more than I thought it was, apparently, too
:o)

Anyone know where I might look for a howto or a guide or even a detailed
explanation of what I need to do to set up a sandbox ?  I need to mess
around with it so I can see if it does all the things I want to abuse it
to do, but I don't know where to start :/

thanks!

--attriel

(I know, it's not technicall a linux question, but the UML stuff is linux :)