[ale] CA suggestion...

Mike Millson mmillson at meritonlinesystems.com
Mon Aug 18 12:03:27 EDT 2003

In my opinion, this is one of the bigger rip-offs out there. You're
basically paying for the company's name. I don't think there are any
technical differences between a self generated certificate and one you
buy.

I would never buy Verisign. Thawte is owned by Versign. It's the same
certificate w/ a different name, so save yourself some money and buy
Thawte.

I have only purchased Thawte, so I don't know what others are out there,
but if you're going to be selling something online, I wouldn't go w/ a
no-name company. Technically they may be fine, but people may perceive
your site as being insecure because you're not ponying up to Verisign or
Thawte.

Mike