[ale] VIM, file completion

Alan Bowman aminus at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 17 12:33:48 EDT 2003

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, David Corbin wrote:

>VIM supports filename completion, but it doesn't support it the same way that
>bash does.  Is there a switch that will chane that?
 What exactly do you mean?  I type in, for example, "vim f{tab}{tab}"
and I'm presented with every file and directory that starts with "f" in
my current working directory. Are you expecting it to do something
*other* than that?  From the bash prompt typing in "f{tab}{tab}" gives
all the *commands* that start with "f".

 What is vim *not* doing that you think it should be doing?

...alan
--
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
                -- Martin Luther King, Jr.