[ale] Oracle DBI install -Perl/Linux

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Fri Aug 15 15:22:41 EDT 2003

How do I do this?  The Oracle instance resides on another host machine.  I am trying to connect from a perl client on Linux to the Oracle database on another machine.  I know the name of that host....  the README.clients file was not helpful.

john

The ORACLE_HOME environment variable must be set.
  It must be set to hold the path to an Oracle installation directory
  on this machine (or a machine with a compatible architecture).
  See the README.clients file for more information.