[ale] Debian install - sanity check (Turned into SuSE via FTP)

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Aug 15 01:10:42 EDT 2003

> The SuSE FTP install went pretty well.
. . . and it's like that! and that's the way it is! huh!
				- Run DMC

> (you have to do this BEFORE starting the install!) YaST will ask for a
> directory - the directory (on GaTech) is /pub/suse/suse/i386/8.2

That was the major hurdle for me. Took me a day to figure out that "specify
directory" meant "leave of the preceeding server info." As far as the network
modules, I am not sure if they ever load automatically. Still, aside from
those specifics Suse is the easiest OS to install that I have installed.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com