[ale] Debian install - sanity check

Debrihmi debrihmi at chaos706.org
Thu Aug 14 15:21:06 EDT 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:59:36 -0400, griffisb wrote

> > FYI:
> > You can install Knoppix/Debian on your hardrive by typing: "knx-
hdinstall" in
> > a Root Console found under the Knoppix tab.  A script will walk you
through a
> > copy and install routine, real easy..
> >
> > ~
> > Debrihmi
>
> Cool!!! I like that option! I've been reading through Debian docs,
> and got to the point where I've decided to hold off until the Debian
> Desktop project has a little more headway. This looks like a good choice.
>
> Do you know if there is a similar utility for SuSE LiveEval CD? Or
> would I just go with the FTP install. I think Debian is over my head
> for now, but SuSE might be something I could do.

For SuSE, I would go with the FTP install (although I don't know if its the
current 8.2 install or not)

I live and die by Debian..  My wife got my Xandros/Debian (commercial Linux)
for Christmas and I'm very happy with that too, it's very Windows-like but
does not insult your intelligence..  I'm very impressed with SuSE 8.2 and am
looking to get a permanent install done, so if it works out with the FTP,
please let me know..

~
Debrihmi
--