[ale] a gnome bit me on the butt

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 12 23:33:17 EDT 2003

Since my last upgrade I had not added all my truetype fonts to my
system, so I decided to do so yesterday.  Well, then all gnome craps
out.  When execute something from the command line, the gnome packages
complain they can't find any fonts.  Doesn't matter that all non-gnome
toys are working just fine.

The error complains about fontconfig, did a little research located a
fonts-config tool with a force option.  What more could I ask for?  I
fired it up, no go.

I did a bit more research and it appears this fonts-config will get
confused and crap out mid way through the build.  Isn't that nice.  My
temporary solution was to remove all my new fonts, but I'll going to get
them back.

Anyone else have any such problems?  I'd appreciate any insights...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...