[ale] OT: What? A Windows wart??

Rebecca Jones jones.rebecca at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 17:12:30 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 15:38, Hogg, Russell E wrote:
> Seen similar behavior when going from a regular background to the "Active
> Desktop"
>
> Try just renaming the image for starters.  Someone else will probably chime
> in.
>
> I'd search the REG for that old image's name too...
>
> Hmm....
>
> My two shots from the hip

I agree about this behavior appearing when going from a regular background
(*.bmp) to active desktop (*,jpg etc.).  My computer at work is running
Win2000 or one of the NT's at any rate.  My basic observation is that the
last loaded bitmap is the image that shows during boot / screen lock / etc.
This is, however, just a theory.  Try changing her background to a *.bmp she
won't mind seeing and then switch back to the image she has now.  Or just
save the current image as a *.bmp and set that as the background.

Let me know how it turns out,
Beckie