[ale] meeting

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Aug 11 14:57:15 EDT 2003

  Actually he should be welcome.  I used to wish him dead, etc because
of all the M$ FUD.  Now I'd just like him seriously tortured because of
all the SCO crap.

  Look at all the good things that have come out of M$ attacks on Linux.
Every time Bill and friends bought an idea they'd jump up and go "Hey
look at what we have!  Linux doesn't have that" or "Linux can't do
that", etc.  Every time someone would step up and either tell them to
shove it as Linux/Unix has been doing it for years or would respond with
a "oh yeah?  Give us a week" and it would happen.  A lot of the great
developments we've received have been because Billy and friends have
challenged the different devs or said they can't do something.

  Yeah the FUD sucks but people are very slowly starting to come around
and learn.  In the mean time we're making massive advancements while we
wait on Billy and friends to be blown up by some militant geeks who are
overly defensive.

Thus spake Geoffrey (esoteric at 3times25.net):