[ale] Re: Resurrected Problem with Adaptec aic7899 SCSI driver and RH9.0 install

Robert Gash gashalot at gashalot.com
Sun Aug 10 13:53:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 7:56:01 -0400, <gchendry at bellsouth.net> was overheard saying:
|  Anyone else dealing with this?, any insightful hints??

If you are using an older system, try "linux apic" from the syslinux
prompt (normally you just say "enter").  Some of the older VA/Penguin
systems with AIC7xxx SCSI cards were built around the L440GX+
motherboard, which can't properly work in Linux unless APIC is
enabled.  Not sure if your system is affected, but we have scads of
these at my office that require that trick.

-R

Robert Gash, gashalot at gashalot.com
(Web) http://gashalot.com/
(PGP) http://gashalot.com/pgpkeys.txt