[ale] Need help w/TV video capture

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Sat Aug 9 23:24:34 EDT 2003

And another update (but this one's good):

After "RTFML" (mailing list, that is) for video4linux, located at
  http://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/video4linux-list
I saw a note in the April 2003 archive that helped me tremendously.

After reading the note, I used these parms for modprobe:
  bttv card=78 tuner=2 gbuffers=4

bttv is obviously the driver for Brooktree 848, 878 and compatibles.
The card parm denotes a Kworld KW-TV878RF.
The tuner parm denotes a Philips NTSC-compatible tuner.
The gbuffers parm was based on info provided by dmesg.

So now I'm seeing and hearing TV.  Whoo-hoo!

One slight issue:  full screen ain't exactly full screen.  Is that
something I should hack in my .xawtv file?

Hope this helps someone out.

And FWIW, I got this card from the Feather Computers outlet for $45.