[ale] Need help w/TV video capture

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Aug 9 20:59:29 EDT 2003

Fulton Green wrote:
> I installed a TV tuner card (KWorld KW-TV878RF-PRO) today.  The PCI
> reading indicates that the card has a BT878-compatible chipset.  Yet in
> playing around with xawtv, I can't seem to get anything besides static,
> even when I set to NTSC, us-bcast (I don't have cable), and channel 2 or
> 17 (my two clearest signals).

The good news is, it should work very well, the bt878 chipset is well
supported.  I've got 4 of them going.  You might try passing the device
to xawtv, like this:

xawtv -c /dev/video1

When you say you don't have cable, what are you using for your reception
device?  Antenna?

You might try hooking a vcr to it, so you eliminate the issue of poor
signal.  Once you get that working, you can try the other..

> The card indicates that it deals with MPEG 1 and 2.  Could that be a
> factor in my seeing static?  If so, what else could I use?  If not, what
> else do I need to check?

I don't think that's an issue.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...