[ale] Interesting happenings with Ximian/Novell

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Fri Aug 8 11:34:56 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 11:26, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> On Friday 08 August 2003 10:31, Steve Long wrote:
>
> > Anybody see a down side here?
>
> Nope. I think that within a year, Novell will have proven to be a Linux
> MVP...possibly moreso than IBM.

It can only help. As much as I love Evolution, I despise Ximian because
of how much of a mess it made of my system, and the whole "long in as
root and pipe a url through root" install method.  That and the
dependency hell.  I would imagine that Novell would be able to improve
on that.

We certainly live in interesting times. .  . .

--
Josh Freeman
Technical Manager