[ale] HELP! Installing Linux over Windows

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Aug 8 08:26:07 EDT 2003

At this point, I don't fdisk is a safe command. Right now, there is a
working RedHat and a missing XP. (Sounds good to me!) Depending on which
installation method was used (RedHat 8 and 9 both do this on server
install), the entire drive gets wiped. Even with ntfs for winders,
RedHat can point a grub starter to it and let it boot. If grub won't
point to it (assuming that it was not delesected in the install process)
then it probably isn't there.