[ale] remote X problems.

Transam bob at verysecurelinux.com
Thu Aug 7 21:26:47 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 08:02:22PM -0400, David Corbin wrote:

> > You then su?  That's a no-no.  Use ssh to the local system instead.
> > This should solve your problem.

> Other than the fact that what I want to do doesn't actually work, why
> is su a no-no?
It is because only the owner of the connection normally may send data over
the X channel.  Thus su does not work.  However, when you use ssh instead
it creates a bridge.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]