[ale] KDE reinstall

Zyman, Andy zymana at hra.nyc.gov
Thu Aug 7 14:03:23 EDT 2003

Nathan,
I really appreciate your answers . Main thing for me was to know that i can
do %) that using rpm. Very helpful was a note about --nodep.
I have been trying to install netscape but it started asking for whole bunch
of different packages and when i tried to reinstall them it triggered
dependency n other and so on so on. so i finally gave up. and moved to lower
version of browser.

I don't quite understand the "dependency" thing.  I understand that it
basically "this need to be in place so that will work". But in case of glib
libraries, i can create links and it should ( well, not a rule of thumb
obviously ) work OK. At the same time if i do remove with --nodep check,
than how can i find out if all progs will be alive?