[ale] Red Hat sues SCO

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Aug 7 11:58:32 EDT 2003

> I apologize for my passion it's just the longer I think about this idea
> the less "stupid" it sounds, assuming we all *really* believe SCO's
> claims are without merit.

Glad you have your thinking cap on.

1. Money = Might = Right
Let's apply your tactic using MSFT=Linux users AND RHAT = SCO.
If Linux users can use their financial power to short SCO then, likewise
MSFT can use it's financial power to short RHAT (1994)

2. The counter by MSFT
Linux Users go short
MSFT goes long
nuf said.

3.  The tossed ball
SCO's stock falls because (in part) Linux Users short it.
SCO sells it's IP to a private company called SOC
SCO dies, but they still "SOC" it to us!

4. W3 AR3 s0 2Gh3Tir!!!111!!!
Like, I am so sure that "Linux Userz" will unify to short SCO.
Exactly how would you go about leading that movement?

5. Remove the IP
Assume SCO wins the lawsuit with RHAT.
The Linux community will simply remove the IP.
RHAT, SUSE, et al. will re-release IPless versions.
Better yet, we could release a "patch" that will remove it.

6. You go first Haiku
	You short the stock first.
	We will probably follow.
	I will wait and see.

Well there you have it John.
I will side with IBM and RHAT on this one and stick to the legal system.
I also support Bob Toxen's claim that criminal proceedings should be started
(still a legal process) for mail and wire fraud. Other than that, I think we
should just "wack 'em" if we are going to use "mob" rule.
<pun intended>
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com