[ale] OT - cell phones

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Aug 5 18:00:13 EDT 2003

I just switched over to Nextel from Awful Turd & Telephone. I've been
very happy. One of my major clients also has Nextel. The direct connect
is really nice sometimes. It isn't perfect. But I was just setting up
the next 2 days with him while was driving back from Dallas Tx. Within
about 10 miles of the interstates, the direct connect works very well.
There are dead spots. One nasty one is on my route home from eDeltacom
on I-85 right around 316.

The cell service has been mostly stellar. They still reboot cell towers
(what are they running in those things anyway?) as they bring new stuff
online (daily). The dropped call rate is MUCH lower than AT&T.

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 17:47, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> I've got Nextel now.  Had verizon in Colorado and couldn't deal with the
> dead spots and lack of customer service.  The last 2 years Nextel has
> been geat and the Direct Connect function is great for contacting my
> wife, our family and friends.
>
> No I'm not associated with them in any way other than as a customer.
>
> Robert
>
> Thus spake Cy Kurtz (ckurtz11 at comcast.net):
>
> > I wonder if anyone on the list would care to share experiences/recommendations regarding cell phones and cell phone plans?
> >
> > I'm approaching the borders of lower central cellphonia.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Cy Kurtz
>
> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
>                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
>   Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
>     Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part