[ale] Returning Fire: RedHat Files Against SCO

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Aug 5 07:55:44 EDT 2003

Thus spake Raju (mr at 4securenet.com):

> > You gotta admit, it's nice of them to do something other than keep a low
> > profile even if you don't like redhat personally.  Very nice to see
> > someone do something other than wait and hope IBM squashes them.
> >

> I think Redhat has done more for Linux than any other Linux "commercial"
> venture by playing the lead role to help gain acceptance of Linux in the
> enterprise (at least in the US). I am kinda taken by surprise to see such
> negative comments on RH sometimes:-)
>
> Bravo RH!
>
> --Raju
> >
> > Thus spake Geoffrey (esoteric at 3times25.net):

> >> There's the legal fund.  Bravo Red Hat.

I have my personal issues with the redhat distro and thus the "don't
like redhate personally".

Yes, they've done alot of great things and I'll give them a hell of alot
of credit for their work, they are not a charity or non-profit
organization.  Most of what they've done, good and bad, has been for the
bottom line of their company even if it has been generally good for
Linux in general.

There was no slam in my first post, just a comment that it was nice to
see a commercial organization going a step beyond what works for the
bottom line.

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.

 PGP signature