[ale] crt vs lcd

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Aug 4 20:02:18 EDT 2003

I've been looking at LCD's for a while. My 21" Panasonic died suddenly.
All of the LCD's I've looked can't compare to my CRT in term of picture
quality, crispness, brightness and overall price (no kidding! A 21" NICE
CRT is half of a 20" LCD). I typically run 1600x1200. It's only been in
the last 6 months that LCDs have shown up that can do that resolution.

Nearly every LCD I have seen has serious ghosting issues. Many have
developed color problems during their life as floor demos.

Yes there are some very nice ones. But they are in the $1400+ price
range. I have seen some 17" models from Viewsonic that look quite nice.
1280x1024 @ .24 dot pitch.

I'm going to wait a bit longer before I take the plunge.

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 18:12, Geoffrey wrote:
> Anyone know of any good sites that compare crt to lcd?  My main monitor
> is on it's last legs, so I'm looking to replace it.  I'd like to gain
> the real estate the lcd will provide, but I have no idea what the life
> expectancy is of these things or what kind of specs to look for.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part