[ale] computer store near northlake?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 23:54:20 EDT 2003

I spent about three hours in Microcenter on Saturday, filling up a
shopping cart.  In addition to the tax-free deal, they had things going
for nice, low prices, including refurb wireless stuff that was all I
needed to see to get into that game, even if only for the purposes of
learning.  They were clearing out CD-RWs and 30GB hard drives

I liked that the floor guys in Microcenter actually mostly knew their
asses from holes in the ground and actually tried to be helpful, too.
The selection of stuff there is very useful.  At Circuit City or Best
Buy, you're mostly going to get nothing but Hewlett-Compaqards and maybe
E-Machines but they're going to be bundled with all kinds of MS, AOL,
MSN, etc. BS and I want none of that.  Microcenter can help you there,
whether you want to build from the ground up or starting from a
barebones (no drives, CPU, RAM).

- Jeff