[ale] gateway external ip

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Aug 3 16:28:13 EDT 2003

Could you not traceroute to a known host (say slashdot.org) and pick up
the first ip address not your internal network?  In other words, run a
cron job every five minutes that runs the traceroute, compares the results
to the old ip (saved in a file somewhere), and then mails you if they turn
out differently...

Hell, for that matter, if you want it now, just have your machine email
you a traceroute every 10 minutes.

John