[ale] OT: WebTV type device?

William Bagwell rb211 at nelson.tds.net
Sun Aug 3 09:08:11 EDT 2003

On Sunday 03 August 2003 08:33 am, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>snip
>  Any good suggestions?  A linux box that will require patching and
> maintaining could make a good last ditch effort but would likely be a
> pain up front to teach him and I'm not sure how well it'd survive the
> power outages.

I live in the boonies, no UPS, Mandrake has survived numerous power
glitches.  Other than open unsaved data, not lost any thing yet...
Teach him the "advanced newbie" ;-) trick of reinstalling around /home.
Show him the servers and warn him not to install them, should then be
little need for patches.  You can upgrade with a new version once or
twice a year...
--
William