[ale] Preferred Paint program

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sat Aug 2 18:33:16 EDT 2003

On Saturday 02 August 2003 03:06 pm, David Corbin wrote:
> On Saturday 02 August 2003 14:55, Jim Philips wrote:

> > What can you do with Paintshop Pro that you can't do with GIMP? Using
> > Bezier curves in GIMP, even I can make a decent drawing. And I have
> > like, zero artistic talent.
>
> I have a lot of trouble just drawing shapes, straight lines, etc.

Maybe what you need isn't a different program, but a good book
on the Gimp. Try Grokking the Gimp, by Carey Bunks.
Think I got my copy at Microcenter.

Anyway, to draw straight lines, click at one end, hold down the
shift key, and drag the line around to suit. A second mouse click
anchors the other end of the line, and it draws.

Just hold down shift to draw straight lines between multiple points.

Irv