[ale] Raid Rebuidling

John R. Allgood -Systems Administrator john at turbocorp.com
Mon Apr 28 16:21:30 EDT 2003

It is working know. Here are the steps that I did.

1. made a exact copy of the filesystem on the new disk. I used fdisk to do
this.
2. Then issued the mdadm -a /dev/md0 /dev/sda1.
3. Repeat the process for all partitions on the disk.

Thanks for the help.

John R. Allgood -Systems Administrator wrote:

       I guess I should have given you a little more info. This is Redhat
9.0 and yes mdadm is installed.

 Robert L. Harris wrote:

    Give me the output of a "cat /proc/mdstat"

Also, do you have "mdadm" installed or raidtools?

Thus spake John R. Allgood -Systems Administrator (<a
 class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:john at turbocorp.com">john at turbocorp.com):

      Hello Ale

   I am trying to rebuild my Raid1 array on one of my servers. I am
using software raid and just not sure about what to do. The
documentation is kinda lacking on the procedure for this. Any ideas on this.

--
John R. Allgood - ESC
Gainesville, Ga. 30501 USA

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.ale.org/mailman/listinfo/ale">http://www.ale.org/mailman/listinfo/ale

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:robert at ipv6.rdlg.net">robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	<a
 class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ipv6.rdlg.net">http://ipv6.rdlg.net
IPv4 = <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:robert at mail.rdlg.net">robert at mail.rdlg.net	<a
 class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.rdlg.net">http://www.rdlg.net

  --
John R. Allgood - ESC