[ale] ALE-NW May meeting announcement

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Apr 27 00:20:00 EDT 2003

       The Next ALE-NW Meeting

We graciously thank Kennesaw State University for providing ALE with a
place for our monthly meetings.  We'd also like to thank Oracle for the
presentation this month as well as the goodies they will be providing,
see below for more info...

Note: The meetings are always on the 3rd Thursday of every month.

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - NorthWest May meeting notice

Join your fellow Linux enthusiasts for our regular monthly meeting!
Thursday, May 15, 2003
8:00 PM
Kennesaw State University
Attention: new room! Clendenin 1008
1000 Chastain Rd., Kennesaw, GA 30144

THIS MONTH:

Topic: Using the Linux Desktop
Speaker: Rob Clevenger (courtesy of Oracle)

Presentation:

Creating a Java Development Environment with Open Source
Tools and Oracle9i JDeveloper on Linux. Have you just
finished installing a Linux distro and are now ready to
start coding? Learn how easy it is to install
Sun's J2SDK 1.4, the Jakarta Project's Ant, CVS,
Oracle9i JDeveloper, and check out some open source
projects from SourceForge.

*OTN* will also be providing the latest Oracle 9i software CDs for linux
to all attendees:

Oracle9i Database
Oracle9iAS Containers for J2EE
Oracle9iAS Toplink
Oracle9iAS Web Cache
Oracle9i JDeveloper

link for Oracle's Linux resources -- http://otn.oracle.com/linux
link for Oracle's Java resources -- http://otn.oracle.com/java

Bio:

Robert Clevenger is a Principal Product Manager for
Oracle's Application Development Tools. Robert joined
Oracle in 1997 supporting developers on Windows platforms.
In 1999 Robert joined the development team of JDeveloper
and helped create the all java Oracle9i release of the
product. After the first Oracle9i release, he moved into
Product Management to focus on Open Source projects and
working more closely with Oracle partners.
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...