[ale] OT: Stock Traders?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Sat Apr 26 05:24:09 EDT 2003

I figured I'd add my .02 cents (pun intended) on this one - Apparently,
there's a good new book that was just published by Ben Stein (Ferris
Bueler?  Anyone?) about timing the markets.  Specifically, the premise
of the book is that you CAN time the markets (I think that's the title
of the book too) and out-yield normal returns.  He goes into detail
about buying low and selling high (but doing so long term), and that the
yields of "timing" the market long-term are significantly higher overall
than a buy-and-hold strategy.

Best regards,
- -CB

F. Grant Robertson wrote:

|Either he was an amazing gambler, or a really lousy broker. Either way,
most of us mere mortals will do much better int he market than "playing
the ponies".

|-G