[ale] wireless PCMCIA

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Apr 24 22:22:55 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 04:41:20PM -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> I'm looking for a WORKING wireless PCMCIA card for my laptop. I keep
> buying stuff that has all the right box text, but the &^%@#s changed the
> chip set to an unsupported version. Has anyone bought a wireless PC card
> in the last few months that is happy with it and willing to divulge name
> brand, model and price?

I read some messages that states the ORINOCO Gold is not supported.  Can
someone fill me in?  I am using a LinkSys and plan on getting a Gold to
replace the LinkSys.

I have the Linksys WAP but some reviews I've read stated the card
was on the weak side.  Kismet also reports a low power reading
with it. However, for home use I've been very satisfied with
the card.  I do sometimes have to retart my WAP.  It goes stupid
from time to time.

Chris