[ale] offtopic-ldap in C

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 24 10:48:32 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 09:40:53AM -0400, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:
> Anyone got a simple LDAP authentication (login/password)script in C/C++ ?

I've done this in Java, using the netscape sdk.  Don't know if that
would help you any.  Basically, all you do (in Java) is create an
LDAPConnection, connect it to the server, then call
LDAPConnection.authenticate (username, password).

The trickiest part for me was figuring out what the username was
supposed to be.  For our server, I had to prepend "cn=" to the username.

> I have tried some internet examples using the Mozilla SDK and am not getting very far...

Can you build the examples?  Can you connect to the LDAP server?

Another thing you could try is using the mozilla mail client.  At least
then you could test the authentication bit.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9