[ale] What to use

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Apr 23 09:51:27 EDT 2003

    Chris> I want to start the agent on Jan 1 and see it still running
    Chris> well on Dec 25.  If you know what I mean.

The software I wrote that's the core of the site side of our hotel net
access platform is written in perl (using POE, http://poe.perl.org/),
and has run for over 180 days at the longest stretch (until the
hardware got rebooted).  Presuming you're running a recent perl (5.6.1
at least) and you don't write anything with resource leaks (forgetting
to close file descriptors or such) there would be nothing inherently
preventing something in perl from having this kind of uptime.

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=