[ale] What to use

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Apr 22 20:25:51 EDT 2003

I suspect Perl 6 is going to address a lot of the common complaints of
Perl.  It's really a great language (the swiss army chainsaw, as they
say), and can be used very productively for enterprise applications.

However, for large apps you *have* to choose a way of doing something and
then insure the rest of your code follows that standard...iow, restrict
yourself even though the language doesn't.  If you don't follow this sort
of approach, a large app shared among 5 different Perl developers (each
with their own style) can be hard to read ;-).

I say suspect because I'm not fanatical enough to read the Apocalypses...

Any out there that has?

Thanks,
John