[ale] Searching for C exp.

Mike Lockhart backpacker at hikers.net
Mon Apr 21 21:44:09 EDT 2003

I'm getting into C myself, and the best books I've found have been as
follows:

Practical C Programming (O'Reilly):  Good exercises/working examples

The C Programming Language (Kernighan/Ritchie):  From what experienced C
coders have told me, its the C bible, and I'll admit its pretty intense.

The Practice of Programming (Kernighan/Pike):  Good source for good
programming techniques, regardless of language or platform.

Unix Network Programming (Stevens):  Excellent resource for programming
network apps in the linux/unix environment.  Steven's books are supposed
to be top notch, and from what i've been able to tell so far the critics
are correct.

Hope this helps.

- Mike