[ale] Re: Evolution Issue

Uncle Flip uncleflip at sizenine.com
Mon Apr 21 18:56:27 EDT 2003

Dow: looks like you were onto something:

> Your Linux box may be installed automatically as very secure with as few
things possible available.  That is my first thought on the problem.
(and)
> if it is what I think, then you will need to drop your rules on the Linux
firewall.

I selected the option to set my own firewall rules, and made sure to check
SMTP.  Seems the default high security blocked it.  I'm now able to get mail
in, AND send it out (oh, joy!).  Thanks for the tip...there's now one MUCH
happier Linux newbie in Alabama!

Be well
-UF
uncleflip at sizenine.com