[ale] Tuxracer: Sound in RHL8

Joseph Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 12:38:13 EDT 2003

I've got Tuxracer installed for the first time, and I really love it.
But I have one problem: no sound. Maelstrom's sound works fine (provided
I'm logged in as root), but Tux is silent, even though they both
theoretically use the SDL sound APU. All the sound options are
set properly in ~/.tuxracer/options. Sometimes I hear what sounds like
random clicks from the speakers while playing.

Any ideas? (This seems to be a very frequently asked, but rarely
if ever *answered*, question, if Google is to be believed...)

Thanks,

-- Joe Knapka