[ale] Evolution issue

Uncle Flip uncleflip at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 17 01:28:06 EDT 2003

Having a problem with sending e-mail through Evolution (under RH8), and
wondered if someone here can help.

I have a Mindspring e-mail account, but my computers are on Bellsouth DSL,
and behind a router.  I have my POP server set to mail.mindspring.com, and
my SMTP server set to mail.bellsouth.net.  (To complicate things even
further, the e-mail account I'm using bears an @sizenine.com address, 'sted
of @mindspring.com.)

This setup works perfectly well on all the ......dare I say it?....Windows
boxes.  It also works for *receiving* mail in Evolution.  However, when I
try to send mail from Evolution, I get the followng error message:

Error while 'Sending "[e-mail title here]"':
RCPT TO response error: Requested action not taken: mailbox not available:
mail not sent

Anybody have any ideas?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Be well
-UF
uncleflip at sizenine.com
uncleflip at voicestream.net  (SMS)