[ale] USB Pendrive on RH 8.0

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at sciatl.com
Thu Apr 17 09:14:12 EDT 2003

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Try to put a filesystem on /dev/sda1 instead of sda...
Tried that, but no luck it complains that /dev/sda1 is not a valid device.

However, I was able to format the pendrive under Windoze and then put a text
file on it from Linux and see it, so I'm thinking that I've got the
functionality I need.

I'm also assuming that my difficulties with /dev/sda1 are probably due to the
XXX_MULTI_LUN issue in the RedHat kernel config, but as I am willing to go with
one device for now, I can live with that.

Thanks to all for your help, pointers, and so forth.  And I'd like to point out
that no liberals or conservatives were harmed in the making of this technical
problem!

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
     posting from, but not     |

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.