[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 15 09:29:10 EDT 2003

><snip>
> > > I don't think so. I am a pure W2 income employee, with a single
> >
> > You don't see it because of the W2 witholding scheme.
> > You need to write a hefty quarterly estimated tax payment!
>
>I am *READING THESE NUMBERS OFF OF MY 2002 1040 FORM*. Please don't
>tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. My total net income in
>2002 was $54K, gross was $63K. That is a tax burden of 14.3%,
>neglecting sales taxes (which I admit are a significant consideration,
>but not *that* significant).
>
>Obviously, a 66% *marginal* tax rate does not mean you pay 66% on your
>entire income. The claim made by others (not you) was that a person
>making aroud $60K would only see 33% of their income in their
>paycheck. That is demonstrably false.
>
>Cheers,
>
>-- Joe Knapka

Quick question, are you claiming any dependents?  Kids, etc.  Those make a
big difference in the taxes you pay.  Single folk with no family does pay
quite a bit in taxes.  Close to the math provided above...  Saying that you
don't pay as much as the other guy/gal doesn't cause the other guy not to
pay as much.

Calvin...