[ale] GaTech security breach SANS announcement

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 22:21:50 EDT 2003

I know someone who was involved with this.  He was contacted by GaTech via email
and advised to contact his Visa card bank.  The bank said not to worry about it
as they (the bank) would be able to tell if and when the card was used
fraudulently.  He asked for a new card and account number and they said no, not
without proof of actual fraud.   I suspect that it is costing card issuers too
much money these days to keep reissuing credit cards for every suspected fraud.

-Jim P.