[ale] GaTech security breach SANS announcement

Transam bob at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Apr 14 21:55:28 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 03:32:30PM -0400, Dow Hurst wrote:
> The initial info I got was that it was a Solaris box installed five
> years ago and left unpatched.

In a very recent case of a commercial bank that allowed a similar
compromise, there was a class action lawsuit for steep damages.

> Dow

Best regards,

Bob Toxen, CTO
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.
"Your expert in Firewalls, Virus and Spam Filters, VPNs,
Network Monitoring, and Network Security consulting"
bob at verysecurelinux.com (e-mail)
http://www.verysecurelinux.com       [Network & Linux/Unix Security Consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My 5* book: "Real World Linux Security"]

The talks I'm giving on Linux security this year include:
  at IBM's Linux Competency Center in New York City on March 6
  at the "Real World Linux" conference in Toronto on April 30.

Author,
"Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and Recovery"
2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, (C) 2003, 848 pages, ISBN: 0130464562