[ale] Help with mgetty+sendmail requested

Jim Seymour jim at 66-23-195-190.clients.speedfactory.net
Mon Apr 14 02:33:50 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Jim Seymour wrote:

> Hi All,
> 	Thanks to then fine members of this group I have pine and sendmail
> working properly.  Now I am need some suggestions on caller id with
> mgetty+sendfax on RedHat 7.3.  I have it answering the phone however it
> does not display caller id info.  Am I missing an option in configuration
> or is this handled by a separate program.  If so, what program are most of
> you using?
>
> TIA,

Oops that should have been mgetty+sendfax not sendmail.  I did find that
I left out the #cid out of the modem config that prevented the caller id
from showing up.  Lots of files seem to be missing from this release
though.  It is the 1.1.30 release.  There is an Index file that is
supposed to be in the /voice/messages that directs the program to play
a certain greeting when it answers.  I tried to create one however it is
ignored and it justs picks up and beeps for a message to be left.  I
have a greeting.rmd I would like it to answer with.  Also missing are
the dtmf files to enable a remote call to retrieve messages. Anybody out
there using these features with this release?  I have compiled this
program twice and they are never created.

TIA,

--
Jim Seymour
www.wingbarscafe.com