[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Mon Apr 14 15:15:40 EDT 2003

	By simple do you mean perfect? Then the answer is no - but if you mean the best
possible system then yes, it is exactly that simple. However, it depends on people being able to
freely conduct their transactions and control their property which means having liberty. Liberty is the
one thing that you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to everyone else. Unfortunately, not
nearly enough people are willing to grant others the same freedom they want. So, yes, it is just that
simple but the simplest things can be the hardest. Once we quit trying to control things that we can
have no control over then we'll find our lives less stressful and far more fulfilling. Worrying about
whether its "fair" to own more than one car or if one person's work should be considered more
valuable than the next's is about the most self-destructive behaviour imaginable. It's not a zero-sum
game - if you try to make it one then we all lose.

	Ben Scherrey