[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

hbbs at attbi.com hbbs at attbi.com
Mon Apr 14 13:27:14 EDT 2003

> I recently read an article on this. If I remember correctly, an Indian
> tech worker out of college can earn $5,000/yr, and for this salary live
> like a king.

At least for now.  The same "global marketplace" that takes advantage of this
gradient will also work to erase it.  It's not like they sell the same cars we
have over here for 1/10th the price.

Of course, over there, the need to have a car over there isn't anywhere near as
automatic a thing as it is here.  They compensate by increasing the population
density in metropolitan areas to levels that we here would consider incredible.
 That too will become unsupportable, until eventually all paths will lead to
near-parity between what we now call first-world and third-world countries.  Of
course, none of this means that what we now call first-world will still exist
for the vast majority of Americans, as that national wealth will have been depleted.