[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Mon Apr 14 11:34:59 EDT 2003

Hey, America's all about capitalism, isn't it?  If resources are cheaper
off-shore, and provide a better service for the money, then so be it.  In
practice, of course, may companies find that going off-shore can be more
trouble than it's worth -- stories abound of cheap off-shore labour
misrepresenting itself, with employees claiming skills, degrees, etc. that
they don't actually possess.

At any rate, it's obviously not "because they're American" that the local
workforce doesn't get hired, but because companies feel the need to cut
costs -- there's little difference here between tech companies and the
likes of Nike with their sweatshops.  Welcome to globalism and the logical
extension of free trade -- welcome to America.

For my part, I'm proud to be a foreigner over here stealing your jobs and
your women. ;)

--George